MIX Chapter 4 Released! »« Welcome, Adachi fans!

MIX – Chapter 3 Released!

And here we go, first time releasing on the blog! MIX 3 is up for grabs on the usual places, which means you can head to Nyaa and get the chapter through torrent or view it online on batoto. Check the sidebar on the right for links.

Related to this chapter, a few notes:

– We noticed things might be a bit ‘confusing’ for some of the names, because while in japanese it‘s easy to see when Otomi refers to her biological father and to her stepfather, it’s not as easy to convey that in english. As such, every instance where she talks about “father”, she’s actually referring to Touma’s dad, her stepfather. On the same vein, if she talks about “Dad” or any other more intimate way of addressing a parent, you can assume she’s referring to her late, biological father. The same goes for Touma, where “Mother” refers to his stepmother, whereas “Mom” would be an indication of his late mother. However, something to note is that being a teeanger guy who gets along well with his father, he likes to call him “oyaji” (old man). The issue is that Souichirou also seems to treat his stepfather as “the old man”, and doesn’t go for “mom”, so his real mother is just that, “mother” to him. So, in this particular case you’ll have to rely a lot more on context to understand properly who is who. I hope this isn’t all too confusing, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to comment and we’ll do our best to help.

– On pages 13 and 14, Otomi makes a joke with Touma’s name, calling him “Tou-chan”, while telling him to stop complaining about her stepfather. This (Tou-chan) is one cute way of referring to your father, so she’s basically doing one of those characteristic Adachi wordplays here. We thought about going for “Toudad”, but it sounded pretty dumb and in the end, we kept it as is.

And that’s all for today!

July 12, 2012 at 00:29
  • July 12, 2012 at 05:04Limi

Thanks so much for the scanlation =) (quite the speedy release too!)

• July 12, 2012 at 06:43Haha Mas

Thank you so much for the release. So I take it that this manga is a monthly one right?

• July 12, 2012 at 14:50Tenko

It is a monthly manga, correct. And you’re welcome.

• July 12, 2012 at 08:22Marcus

Thanks so much for deciding to scanlate this manga! Hopefully enough Adachi fans find out about this new series so that many more can thank you.

• July 12, 2012 at 09:17Lance23

Hi, first of all thanks for your job ^^

I see your website in jcafe24 (in Mix thread that I created) but I´ve been following you in batoto. You do a great job with this Manga, I´m really happy 🙂

• July 12, 2012 at 13:06Ted

Thank so much for your effort in scanlatin Adachi’s newest work.
    I must say that we Adachi’s fans are pretty lucky for always having the best scanlation quality among all mangas.
    Please keep up with the good job.

• July 12, 2012 at 13:18Arya

Hi, just discovered the blog…… Thanks for your efforts!

I have a suggestion though. I think it’s better if you just put the romaji for the scanlation. That way the puns will be easier to understand, and the difference between honorifics (?) (oyaji, otousan, etc) will be clearer because English doesn’t have precise equivalents to those terms.

Great work so far, though. Hope you guys’ll keep up.

• July 12, 2012 at 18:09Roby

Thanks for this high quality work. Mix looks like the potential long (and of course amazing) work from Adachi after few short ones.

Now, I just hope someone pick up and finish Q&A.

• July 12, 2012 at 19:51Tanis

Thank you so much for translating this (hopefully) awesome manga !

As you said in the notes included in this chapter, all Adachi fans were mourning the tragic retirement of Athie. I really appreciated you mentioning him because somehow, I hope he will read your work and see that he won’t be forgotten !

That being said, you did an awesome job so far. For a first scanlation, this is pretty impressive ! Keep up the good work !

Greetings,

Tanis 🙂

• July 12, 2012 at 20:06Tenko

Yeah, thought we should mention him, because at least for some of us, Athanor’s scanlations were really helpful in the past and of great use when I started to find out about Adachi. Plus, I really hope he’s doing better after what happened, and with some luck he’ll pop up and do some more great work someday, when he’s able to (hopefully) overcome what happened to him!

That said though, thanks for the compliments!

• July 13, 2012 at 03:13Raven

You’re doing a great job even though it’s your first time. I’m happy and appreciated that you mentioned Athanor in the message. He was the first to bring me to Adachi, things happened to him was such a tragedy. Keep up the good work I’ll always support you guys!

• July 13, 2012 at 12:46Elarienth

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!
    I was so happy to find your releases of Mix!
    I’m a great Adachi fan, whom I discovered thanks to Athanor… what a wonderful job he’s done for us… I really hope he’s better now, he deserves it.
    Anyway, I’m happy to see that someone could take the baton (Touch!!!!) from him in the meantime: I still hope to see him back, because that would mean he is well.
    To you working on Mix, thank you very much again, and keep it going as good as these first releases are!

PS does someone have any news about the other Adachi work, Over fence????

• July 13, 2012 at 16:40Tenko

OverFence was announced as an irregular series, so it’s really up to him when/if it continues. Considering the MIX reception was astounding, to say the least (the first issue of Gessan had to be reprinted, because it sold out — that’s really rare for magazines), I think he’ll be pretty busy with keeping MIX going for the time being, so OverFence might not be released for quite some time, if ever again.

Still… if I had to pick between both series, gimme more MIX, haha.

• July 14, 2012 at 07:05ShinASUKA

WOOW I WAS SAD WITH THE END OF MAJOR, BUT MIX MEET MY EXPECTATION!!! AWESOME WORK BY ADACHI GUYS KEEP THE GOOD WORK!!! THANKS YOU.

• July 14, 2012 at 08:26erzamarie

Thanks for your efforts in Mix.
    I’m really glad that someone would be doing scanlations on Adachi’s works again.
    I’m a huge fan of Adachi eversince I discovered Touch.
    Thank you so much….

• July 15, 2012 at 09:13Newnew145

You really did a great job there, and thanks for the chapter. I have been Adachi’s fan from who-knows-when, so it’s good to see him still working hard.
    Btw, do you have any intention of picking up Q&A? Because I already had the raws (to the end), and can also edit, so if a true fan like you help translating, it would be great.

• July 15, 2012 at 10:14Xel

Hey guys, thanks so much for picking this up! It’s awesome, and I’m so happy to have Adachi back in my life. Digit and I were going to see if we could put together a group to scanlate this, and it was a nice surprise to see someone beat us to it. 🙂

Anyway, while you guys are clearly doing a fantastic job so far, if there’s anything I can do to help please let me know. I can proofread, or harass other people into doing stuff.

I also appreciate the shoutout to Athanor, I think we’re all hoping he’s doing better.

• July 15, 2012 at 21:45Kate

First of all, I just wanted to echo the thanks you have already received from everyone here. Adachi is my favourite manga artist, and I am so excited both that this series exists in the first place and that wonderful people like you are working to bring this series to an English speaking audience.

Also, to be annoying, I must ask whether you are thinking of working on any more of Adachi’s work that is unscanlated or incompletely scanlated. This is kind of a roundabout way of me asking if I’ll ever be able to finish reading Slow Step in English or if I should just buy it in another language. It’s the only one of Adachi’s original series (aside from Q and A) that I have yet to finish.

In any case, thank you so much for your hard work on this series, and I absolutely cannot wait for the next chapter!

• July 15, 2012 at 22:18oriberu

Thank you for sharing with us this promising new Adachi series; wonderful chapter, pure Adachi magic – I can’t wait for more. It’s astonishing: the baton passes, but it’s picked up time and again. Thank you.

• July 15, 2012 at 23:17Tenko

I’ll post here since it’s been asked a couple times, but we’re sorry, right now with how packed our lives are we really don’t have the time to work on anything else, so there really aren’t any plans to scanlate the rest of Q&A and other Adachi series. Still, hope you guys keep on enjoying MIX, at the very least!

• July 16, 2012 at 09:51QX1102

ty hope u guys can stick to this masterpiece from Adachi till the end, since his manga always end up for 10 years or more XD

• July 17, 2012 at 05:57chacha

Thank you so much for your hard work!!! =)

• July 17, 2012 at 14:56Sgabb

Thanks guys! Keep Adachi fan’s heart pumping!

• July 18, 2012 at 10:59minori

honestly, i prefer adachi to continue overfence, already loved it. but it’s fine if MIX is consistent. thanks tenko 😀

• July 19, 2012 at 00:19Akros

thank you so much for working on this!!!
    last page of the chapter, omg, I want it to be August right now xD

• July 22, 2012 at 06:51kainkaze

Just wanted to stop by and say my thanks for translating Adachi’s new work! You guys are my heroes! 😀

• July 22, 2012 at 10:55Indiana

THX VERY MUCH GUYS!!! I LOVE YOU!! ♥

• July 22, 2012 at 12:44ananta

Thank you for picking this up.
    Reading this make me realize how I miss Adachi’s manga and his dialogue-less story-telling.
    Oh, Q&A is picked up by imangascans.org if any of you haven’t noticed 🙂

• July 30, 2012 at 06:41xinan

Thanks for picking this up. Just leaving a comment to show support 🙂 a big fan of adachi’s work.

• August 1, 2012 at 09:36Russ

OMFG new Adachi!!!

<3 you guys so much for doing this, keep it up!

Mix is fucking amazing so far, I'm so glad that it's popular in Japan!

And the catcher isn't fat this time thank god. Also this is gonna be a good and long one folks, 2nd year middle schoolers!

Oh I can't wait, Touch was sooooo good and to get a sequel to an Adachi msnga is just ot of this world. That uniform shot gives me chills!

Thank you Tenko, keep it up!

• August 10, 2012 at 04:58Ken

I didn’t even know Mix existed. Thank you for sharing and translating! ^^

• February 18, 2013 at 14:38Tem

i just want to know more: in chapter 3 page 10, otomi said “better not! or it will become a dream again!”, in which rakugo was this line taken anh what’s its meaning???? i really can’t understand!!
    also, thank u very much for scanlating this!!!

• August 7, 2014 at 14:09January

Stay with this guys, you’re heinlpg a lot of people.