MIX Chapter 7 Released! »« MIX Chapter 5 Released!

MIX Chapter 6 Released!

Took a bit longer again, but now that some of us are back to college and work schedule, stuff will happen more often, sorry! Anyhow, really nice chapter this time around, and Adachi doing something which didn’t even cross my mind, haha! You can find the chapter on the usual spots, or just head to the ‘Downloads’ sidebar and pick your preferred method of reading it. Now, while everyone enjoys their good monthly Adachi, it’s time to go and check out the new JoJo! Cheers, fellows, and until next month!

October 12, 2012 at 17:53
  • October 12, 2012 at 18:17Anon

Thanks for the new chapter, will you be doing Mix volume too when it shows up?

• October 12, 2012 at 18:25Tenko

I’ve yet to talk to my buddy, but to be quite honest, I don’t think we’ll be doing the actual tanks. While I don’t mind being a bit sloppy with the quality of cleaning/leveling on these magazine raws, I find myself really unexperienced to do a ‘definite’ version of it, to the point where I’d rather let any other group who feels up to the task do their version. Of course, in terms of translation, we don’t really mind if someone wants to use ours on their tank version.

• October 12, 2012 at 18:31Tanis

Wow, something that you didn’t expect ?? I have to read it now ! Thanks Guys ! πŸ™‚

• October 12, 2012 at 18:33Tenko

Haha, I hope people don’t end up being disappointed by what it is, because it’s not exactly MAJOR, but yeah… he’s started setting up something that never really crossed my mind as a possibility, despite being somewhat obvious that it could happen, why not, haha.

• October 12, 2012 at 18:49Tanis

Not huge, but still interesting ! Btw, is it just me or your cleaning ability has really improved ? πŸ™‚

• October 12, 2012 at 18:55Tenko

Being quite honest, it’s just this month’s raw was absolutely terrible, and I actually had to ‘clean it’, haha. Usually the stuff that pops up is already tinkered by the uploader, so I really haven’t bothered much with it. This month though it was all grey-ish and with ripped off page marks on the side, so I had to put in the extra effort. I was actually a bit wary of how it was going to turn out, since I’m not too confident on messing with the levels, but good to hear it’s okay. I guess I can start making small adjustements from now on, if it helped improve the quality!

• October 12, 2012 at 19:34Tanis

Well in my opinion, it really was better. Not that the previous chapters weren’t good, but an improvement was noted (contrast for the most part) ! Keep up the good work ! πŸ™‚

• October 12, 2012 at 21:11Tooru

Call me when the guy improves his artwork.

• October 12, 2012 at 22:39Kate

Hey, here’s a really radical idea: if you don’t like it, don’t read it. Go back to your Bleach and Naruto and other repetitive drivel. We’ll be over here appreciating the work of a great mangaka. Call me when you get some taste.

• October 14, 2012 at 14:39Tanis

Well, you do have the right to have bad tastes πŸ˜‰
      Just kidding. Too bad you don’t appreciate Adachi’s talent ! :/

• October 12, 2012 at 23:28oriberu

Thanks for your great work; highly appreciated. Alas, I’m not sure which development you had in mind: I thought there were several remarkable allusions in this chapter, from the future of the twins as a battery to the dad’s past and his recollection of the deceased father, or even Sou’s position. It feels like this story could go many different ways. (I can’t wait.)

• October 13, 2012 at 00:58Tenko

Yeah, you have a point there, although I meant the whole “Sou might be a pitcher bit”. I was getting so used to the idea that they’d form a great battery and that Sou was content being a catcher that it really surprised me! Especially since we’ve had that conversation a few chapters ago where Sou talked about how he HAD to catch Touma’s pitches and stuff, hah.

Anyway, the deceased father part as well as the other dad’s memories of whoever was the regular pitcher for Meisei at his time were certainly very interesting, too! If I remember correctly from Touch, there wasn’t really anyone who could be called ‘reserve pitcher’ on Tatsuya’s team, so he might’ve been from a bit later?

• October 13, 2012 at 03:11Chady

First, thanks for the great work!! Regarding a backup pitcher to Tatsuya in Touch: He did briefly have a reserve pitcher who wore the number 10, Takeshi Yoshida, who initially looked up to him and then ended up considering him a rival. There was also a kind of nerdy first year who joined up during Tatsuya’s third year and fell in love with Yuuka. Eiijiro Kashiwaba had this first year pitch for Tatsuya in a city tournament game as a way to try to have Meisei get knocked out.

I don’t think either one of those characters is necessarily Touma’s father, but it’s worth noting, I suppose. Also, is it possible that Sou’s father is Tatsuya or something? I keep waiting for there to be some kind of connection, being as that it’s a sequel to Touch, but maybe Adachi Sensei has something else in mind. Anyway, thanks!

• October 13, 2012 at 03:19Tenko

Oh, I remember Yoshida, although I don’t think he fits the bill for the mystery man we’re looking for, haha. As for the other guy, whose name I’ve forgotten for some reason, he looked kinda nerdy and had glasses and what not, plus, I’d rather think he and Yuka got along somehow in the end, hahaha.

As for Sou’s father, we’re told it’s that other dead guy, but after how Touma’s dad looked at him, maybe there’s more to it. The thing with Adachi is that since every other character looks familiar, it’s nigh impossible to guess who’s who just by appearance, haha.

Oh well, I’m sure we’ll get some answers somewhat soon-ish, and I trust Adachi enough after all these years. Surely he’s going to impress!

• October 13, 2012 at 01:12auriga

Thanks for the new chapter! πŸ˜€ It would be interesting to see where Adachi will take this.

• October 13, 2012 at 06:34Long Le

Thank you so much for the translation and please keep up the good work. I am a big fan of Mitsuru Adachi.

• October 13, 2012 at 11:08cilit

i’ll help seeding n thx 4 the chapter

• October 15, 2012 at 05:39D.

Thanks for the translation, I’m a big fan of Adachi’s works ! Do you know if there is any chance that Mix becomes weekly ?

• October 18, 2012 at 06:39Kazu

Thanks a bunch. Big Adachi fan.

Any chance you guys might pick up Over Fence? The first chapter was released by both I Eat Manga and Immortal Abyss, but it’s been more then a year and a half and neither of them have released the second chapter.

• October 19, 2012 at 02:20Kate

I’m pretty even Adachi hasn’t released a second chapter.

• October 20, 2012 at 13:22Tenko

Yap, like Kate said, Over Fence’s 2nd chapter never came out. It was announced as an irregular series, and so far it’s doing justice to that, haha. If it ever comes out, though, who knows? Since it’s a once in a while job, we might do it.

• October 21, 2012 at 16:50Kazu

I see.

I looked, but was unable to find any other information on the status of the series. I figured that steady (if irregular) releases were being made, but that it just wasn’t being promoted. Even if he was only going to release a chapter every once in a while it’s odd that he would release a single chapter and then do nothing with it for almost two years.

Anyway, in the meantime I (as I’m sure as everyone else here) will be eagerly awaiting the next chapter of MIX. Thanks for your hard work.

• October 30, 2012 at 17:35Iczerion

if some time will get in hands – maybe for 2013 Christmas “Yuku Toshi Kuru Toshi” from 2012 Christmas…

but before all – thanks for MIX!

• November 11, 2012 at 03:45Kazu

The only Yuku Toshi Kuru Toshi I’ve been able to find is a non-adachi non-sports manga and it’s a Yaoi Gintama dojinshi. With all due respect, I can’t understand why you would request this. I don’t have anything against yaoi (though I don’t read it) Tenko is an Adachi related group. I requested Over Fense because it’s an Adachi manga, the other manga I requested in the other thread are sports manga (though they were turned down). If I’m not completely off base then your request is kind of out of nowhere. Just curious as to your reasoning for your request. *end rant*

Also, Chapter 7 came out just as I was writing this. Thank you for that.

• November 11, 2012 at 23:30Iczerion