Update on MIX Chapter 8 »« MIX Chapter 6 Released!

MIX Chapter 7 Released!

Another month, another new MIX chapter! This week continues off our two brother’s story and was basically a slower chapter, but still quite funny. Gotta love how Adachi keeps adding ways of advertising his stuff over the pages, and I made sure to typeset it so that it wouldn’t be missed, lol. Anyhow! A few things we’d like to clear up, especially since some of them were mentioned in the comments section:

– Regarding the Tankoubon releases, we’re not doing it. It’s not that we don’t like the series or anything, it’s just that I don’t feel comfortable enough to clean/typeset and everything else for a “HQ” release. I realize my skill level is probably good enough for a quick read each month, but I think the tanks deserve better, so if anyone more experienced out there wants to do it but doesn’t have access to the/a translation, feel free to ask us and we’ll gladly offer up the .txt for each chapter.

– Related to this month’s chapter, you’ll probably notice some pages have small blurs on the edges of some panels. Unfortunately, the scans were, well, ripped over there, and I didn’t really have any clue of what could be made other than erasing bits of the image, which I didn’t feel comfortable to do. They’re not really big or anything, but I guess it’s worth mentioning anyhow.

– Lastly, and I’m mentioning this not because I want to be an asshat to the guy, but people have been pointing out on Twitter to me that some guy kept going on MangaHelpers/JCafe and saying bad things about our releases, such as a lot of grammar errors and no cleaning whatsoever, but hardly providing examples etc. We’re all doing our best to bring you guys the chapters as quickly as possible — and with a good translation, since I trust my buddy enough on that front. We’re not native english speakers, however, so sometimes I realize that some sentences might sound a bit awkward. But if so, and in case it’s actually something you feel uncomfortable with, please use the comments section to speak up. We’re listening, and any constructive criticism is appreciated.

With all that said, the chapter’s up on the usual places, and you can find it by checking the ‘Downloads’ sidebar. Cheers!

November 11, 2012 at 03:30
  • November 11, 2012 at 03:58auriga

Thanks for the new chapter! Your work is always appreciated. 😀

Bad grammar? I’m also not a native English speaker but I am quite confident in my skill. If there ever was any instance of bad grammar in your previous releases I didn’t notice it, which could either mean that 1) there was no such thing or 2) it wasn’t bad enough for me to actually take notice.

The fact remains that you’re the only group bringing the latest Adachi goodness to us fans, and as I said I’m really grateful for the work you do. If someone doesn’t like how you do things, then they should put their money where their mouth is and come out with their own releases. 😉

• November 11, 2012 at 04:05Tenko

Hah, I don’t even mean it in that way, it’s just that if there’s any sort of mess up with the grammar or whatever, then I’d be more than happy to hear from them, with actual examples, here on the blog. We’re always aiming to improve, so feedback is pretty important (and appreciated!).

As for the release — no problem! Now to wait another month for more Adachi… haha.

• November 11, 2012 at 04:37auriga

That’s true. If they really want to help then they’d provide examples. Heck, why aren’t they even voicing their opinions HERE?

• November 11, 2012 at 04:38Grammar

“We’re listening, and any constructive criticism is appreciated.”

There shouldn’t be a comma between the words listening and and.

• November 11, 2012 at 04:45Tenko

Good thing I just typeset and stuff, lol. Thanks.

• November 11, 2012 at 05:43Kate

Thank you for the new chapter! I really appreciate the work you’re doing and look forward to it every month.

• November 11, 2012 at 23:42Iczerion

10x! for new chapter!

Sorry – I mean Adachi’s “Yuku Toshi Kuru Toshi” oneshot(?) from Big Comic Superior:

• November 12, 2012 at 08:23placeres

Thx for the new chapter..I cant wait to see how the number one finally falls..Although I’m pretty sure that Adachi has an ace up one’s sleeve.

First news about the new Adachi´s manga.. but I´m already falling in love with this image:

• November 14, 2012 at 08:11Kazu

Ah, I don’t know anything about it, but the cover looks interesting and I’m always up for more Adachi. If not Tenko, then hopefully some group will pick it up.

• November 19, 2012 at 10:33Tanis

Thansk a lot guys !

And don’t listen to the haters… We love you for those awesome releases. At least, I know I do ! 🙂

• November 19, 2012 at 11:51Kazu

Exactly, I am a native english speaker, and while I don’t always use “proper grammar”, I do my best to stay above the average. I think we’ve got to walk a line though between being too stuffy and degenerating into neanderthals.

It’s fine if things aren’t perfect; nobody is perfect. So, as long as it’s translated correctly and spelled right I don’t really care about anything else.

• November 19, 2012 at 17:52MrMangarule

hi we want to work on the first volume but we don’t have the translations so i want to ask you if you want to work with us. (mangarule@hotmail.it)

• November 21, 2012 at 20:07Prince Dragon

Tenko
    I use your scan for a french scanlation of Mix. I have just forgotten to ask the permission to use it.
    So I ask you now. If there is a problem with this just answer me.

P S For the one who are criticise your english i disagree. I understood et i didn’t any big mistakes in your scanlation.

• November 22, 2012 at 00:01Tenko

There’s no problem at all.

And it’s not like we could stop you even if we had a problem with it, lol. Once we release something everyone’s free to use it however they want.

• November 22, 2012 at 01:21Kazu

True, but it’s still polite to ask.

And although it was retroactive, at least he cared enough to make the request.

• November 22, 2012 at 15:42Prince Dragon

Ok thanks you Tenko.
    I will get you credits.
    I will also continue to read Mix on your website.

• December 14, 2012 at 14:59rajin90

its me who said what is right about your scanlation. also i just mentioned the fact at 2 places and if that is considered everywhere then i can’t do anything about it.

you wish to see errors in your scanlation? i believe everyone here who actually read manga easily picked those errors. the whole 6 chapters were just typeset. i didn’t saw much of cleaning effort anywhere.

i do not need to point pages when whole 6 chapters have it. there exist typo mistakes then gramatical mistakes. i am also not a native speaker but like everyone else able to understand english well and wish to have better scanlation than a quirk shaggy work. i would say even mangapanda appear better scanlation group than this one.

• December 14, 2012 at 15:08Kazu

That’s the kettle calling the teapot black. Frankly speaking if your shoddy post is any indication then Tenko’s quality is far and above yours. Walk before you can run child.

• December 15, 2012 at 01:50Tenko

So uh, I’m pretty much aware of the fact that I don’t really know how to ‘clean’ properly and that I don’t have the experience or know-how that a lot of people who are really into scanlating do. However, that won’t stop me from doing it every month to the best of my ability, simply because I enjoy bringing people this manga in a timely manner, as well as working with my pal on releasing stuff. Plus, these are all magazine scans which, I reckon, most people won’t be saving to archive, so I imagine that perfectly clean scans aren’t exactly a necessity. The tanks will eventually come out, and then, as previously stated, we’re completely fine with giving out our translations for other, more competent people, to release cleaner and ‘archive’ quality scans.

As for typo mistakes, I’m pretty sure there were… two, so far, which I admit went past QC’ing. They weren’t exactly serious but then again, this isn’t like anime where we can just release an xdelta patch and it magically updates. Manga gets uploaded to a ton of places even without our consent, so it’d be futile to try and ‘fix’ things everywhere. As for the rest, geez, you sure speak a lot without providing any actual examples. Makes it hard for us to look out on what, exactly, we need to improve on, in terms of ‘grammatical mistakes’.

That said, though, this is what we are, and I doubt the quality will increase by tenfolds in any near future. If it displeases you so, then, by all means, provide these people with better scans each month, and I’m sure no one will have anything to complain about. Cheers.

P.S: No one mentioned anything about ‘everywhere’. I specified JCafe and MangaHelpers forum, so… yeah.