Looking for Typesetter and IRC channel »« MIX Chapter 8 Released!

Update on MIX 9 and some other stuff

Hi, hope everyone’s doing great. Posting to give you a quick status update on this month’s chapter. It’s basically been translated and edited, but unfortunately, I won’t be able to work on the pages until Monday, at best. The long story short is that 2013 hasn’t been a very good year so far, lol. My PC’s motherboard fried, and at the same time I received news that I’m not sure whether the place I work at will continue to operate, so I’m basically waiting for a decision regarding my job before dishing out the money for a new machine. With that in mind, I won’t have any access to a PC until Monday, so that’s the earliest we’re looking at for a release. If all else fails, though, I’ll dig someone up to help out this month, just so the chapter won’t be delayed too much. So, yeah, I apologize for the delay and hopefully we’ll get back to you guys sooner rather than later.

Also, little bit of a tease, I know we said we wouldn’t do anything else, but apparently my buddy who’s responsible for translating fell in love with another series (not Adachi, though!) and wants to get it released, since no one’s doing it and he says it’s incredibly good. I won’t give out the name because it wouldn’t be a tease otherwise, but know it is sci-fi-ish and is currently being published as a monthly series. Should be enough to figure out? haha. Expect more news about it once I get my situation sorted out!

Cheers!

January 12, 2013 at 14:39
  • January 12, 2013 at 17:25Prince Dragon

i will wait for the chapter. take your time!

• January 12, 2013 at 21:17oriberu

@Tenko: Hope everything will work out well for you; the weather is bound to change sooner or later. Looking forward to the chapter.

• January 14, 2013 at 13:20El

Hey, it is monday!!!!! I want the chapter!!!!! πŸ˜›
    Just joking, guys, it’s wonderful enough to have the chapter in English, so “thank you very much” is the only thing that fit. Oh, and many whishes for the job, first of all, and for your pc, afterwards. πŸ™‚

Waiting patiently mode on…

• January 14, 2013 at 16:01Iczerion

Waiting patiently *^_^*

• January 15, 2013 at 12:28Luis

Guys great job as usual and thanks for keeping the quality that most of Adachi’s scanlations have had so far. 2 minor things that I’ve seen in the translations and that are usually made in almost EVERY baseball manga translation is using “match” instead of “game” and “straight” instead of “fastball” as a baseball fan this always jumps to me and while it’s nothing that detracts from the general quality of your releases I just wanted you to know.

Keep up the great work!

• January 15, 2013 at 13:04Tsumori

Thanks for the heads up.

To be honest we’re not that familiar with baseball terms since we’re all from countries where baseball isn’t played, so this kind of feedback is really welcome.

Oh, and we still don’t know when our typesetter will be able to work on the chapter, we’re probably going to try to get someone else to do it in the next few days if he isn’t able to get a PC to work on it.

• January 15, 2013 at 21:56shoe

Everything I Know About Baseball I Learned From Mitsuru Adachi Scanlations

• January 19, 2013 at 12:18Tanis

Thanks a lot ! πŸ™‚

• January 21, 2013 at 00:15Limi

Thanks for the heads up!

Hope the rest of the year turns out better! =)

• January 25, 2013 at 04:18Boo

Thanks for the work, and hope it all turns out well for you. By any chance do you work at THQ?

• January 25, 2013 at 11:49Tenko

Haha, nothing so thrilling, although it’d certainly be cool to work at THQ. I worked (because I am really jobless now and looking for a new one!) on a local newspaper in the town I live in, but it closed because… because that’s what it seems to happen to newspapers these days. I blame the Internet, lolol.

Anyhow, sorry for the delay, but yeah, no access to a PC. My TL buddy said he’ll try to do it, so maybe it’ll be out soon-ish, and then I just gotta get this situation fixed asap >_> A month without regular PC access is madness!

• January 26, 2013 at 08:31oriberu

You will find that you will get a lot of other work done, though, if personal experience is any judge. πŸ˜‰ Sorry to hear about the job thing, hope it will turn around.

• January 28, 2013 at 06:40Boo

I feel you bro, been through it. Wasn’t easy. All the best. Thanks for the work once again.