MIX Chapter 01 [Tankoubon] Released! »« Qualia the Purple Chapters 09 & 10 Released!

Qualia the Purple Chapter 11 Released!

Well, long story short, I’m on college break now, so I woke up with nothing to do and decided to work on this, haha. That said, this chapter is also pretty damn awesome, and has some great moments of Tsunashima art. Also, we’ve finally caught up with the backlog of TL’d scripts Moogy had prepared, so that means the next one’s now depending on him. He said he’d get back to it soon though, so it shouldn’t take too long.

Also, no notes for this chapter from Moogy! So, without further ado, feel free to head to the sidebar and pick your preferred way of reading it. ‘Til next time, cheers!

June 30, 2013 at 17:17
  • June 30, 2013 at 17:24lolman

Definitely vol2 > vol1

• June 30, 2013 at 17:28Zelloss

Wow, all this chapter in this short time… Oo

Thank you veru much, you are the best. πŸ˜‰

• June 30, 2013 at 18:15T1

heh…so what will you do when the awesome stuff ends at the end of vol 2 and vol 3 isn’t out? I can see from your last few releases that you are really enjoying this title. xDDDD

• June 30, 2013 at 18:23Tenko

Lol, there are magazine scans, I think we might go with them. They’re not particularly great, but given my inability to actually clean like the pro guys, it shouldn’t matter too much. Messing with levels and few other details should make it about on par with what the tanks have been so far!

• June 30, 2013 at 18:42ananta

Awesome, thanks πŸ˜€

• June 30, 2013 at 20:25Anonymous

Heh, the English text on page 26/158 is straight out of Wikipedia about a “Mariko Morikawa.”

Google her if you dare.

Yukari’s name isn’t actually Yukari, I guess. And she sure hides her figure well.

• June 30, 2013 at 21:17Tenko

Hahahaha, god, I can’t read all of it, but it does definitely say “Mariko Morikawa was born in Chiba Prefecture”, which matches the AV idol’s description on Wiki. I guess.. Tsunashima must be a fan? hahaha.

• June 30, 2013 at 23:54greg

Interesting, but I think the manga is zipping through the last couple of chapters too fast and the characters as well as the storyline is getting lost. One note would be that simultaneously communicating with yourself in another possible vector could be the closing of that vector of ‘light’ following the logic of this story, as light seeks the straightest path and any closing of a loop eliminates that vector, so she would be cancelling herself out, osis. Personally, I don’t see why she doesn’t make her main goal Yukari instead of Alice, for Yukari would still be alive in other possible vectors, and communicating with other selves, should determine that. All of this is how scifi gets messed up, sometimes it’s best not to include too try and explain everything, best to just leave it ‘open’. I do wonder how our main character is learning all about herself in what should be from a linear perspective, her future selves, as it seemed she was communicating with herself in the present tense, just at different possibility points on that ray of light, thus unless she has developed a hyperdimensional capability regarding time and space in multiple probability/possibility vectors, how exactly is she acquiring this self-awareness? Hopefully this is explained in the next chapter, unless this is a mistake. The last few chapters are very interesting, but have lost their temporal anchor and thus has the story osis. It’s hard to tell by the end of this chapter whether or not time has really passed or not, which drags in a whole other set of self-conscious awareness issues not usually covered in scifi, nor manga that I’ve ever encountered… .though it is interesting to see the attempt, which mirrors the transition to just that in our own vector of space/time here in lost Eden. Gaku-chan seems to have jumped into ‘hyperspace’ at least in her mind. Weirdly wonderful… sort of, in an indeterminate fashion.

• July 1, 2013 at 04:27dbm

Thanks for the chapter.

Complements to the translator, all these physics terms must be incredibly difficult to translate because they’re actually being used correctly for the most part! (Nonsense being so much easier to translate: just make up some plausibly similar BS.) This has got to be Noein-level difficulty at least.

The author clearly knows something about western SF, so I wonder whether he has read Greg Egan’s “Quarantine” or “Teranesia”? They cover some of the same themes.

• July 1, 2013 at 07:37colonywars

WoW Thank You ! πŸ™‚ That was really fast. I have a question, if omake also will be translated? In the end of volume 2 there is 11 pages of it πŸ™‚ I really what to know what exactly happened when Gaku use laser eyes πŸ˜€

• July 1, 2013 at 08:26Anonymous

On the Japanese Wikipedia it’s actually mentioned that the original novel takes direct inspiration from Egan’s “Distress.”

• July 1, 2013 at 08:57yumura

Chapters 1-6 are pretty good. Chapter 7-11 are truly amazing turning points of this series. Gaku is pretty dark in the last chap, compared to what I perceived in the first. But this personality transform is more realistic and appealing to me.

Thank you very much for the translation.